Offered spring semester, this study group seeks to systematically explore many of the big questions of faith and life, such as:
- Do faith and reason conflict?
- Does God exist?
- Was Jesus more than a man?
- Are the claims of Christianity arrogant?
- What about the problem of evil?
- And the perennial question, if you were a brain in a vat, could you know?
This study begins in the fall and meets one hour a week. WARNING: this study is not for the faint-hearted. However, it is open to big thinkers of all (or no) faith positions, and is truly a discussion group. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, for those who like this sort of thing, it is just the kind of study they would love! Because of the systematic, cumulative and challenging nature of this discussion, it is closed after the first few sessions.